Job no: 53437450
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: VIC - Metro
This role is accountable for the development, review and oversight of compliance reporting for Australia Post transport, in addition to the identification and systematic resolution of all relevant regulatory and compliance matters. The opportunity also acts as the point of contact to internal stakeholders and external authorities on compliance and changes to Transport policies.
About the role
• Ensure the development, maintenance and management of a comprehensive Compliance Blueprint for Road Transport associated with Chain of Responsibility (CoR)
• Develop strategies and ‘systematic solutions’ that enable compliance with the requirements identified in the Compliance Blueprint CoR, to be applied across the corporation
• Lead and support functional Managers to implement strategies and solutions, incorporating appropriate audit mechanisms to ensure compliance of CoR;
• Undertake regular reviews of Australia Post business practices to ensure that Post is compliant with all transport legislation and that business practices are linked to duties under the legislation
• Maintain a regular and close liaison with the National Transport Commission, Transport Associations and State Road authorities to ensure Post Transport demonstrates the highest possible reliability in compliance and initiate corrective action where required
• Execute programs and strategies within approved capital budget requirements
• Support the network in the achievement of operations and financial performance.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in the role you will need to have extensive experience in dealing with legal and regulatory changes to Road Transport business operations and preferred experience with changes to Chain of Responsibility legislative business operations. You will also require proven experience in logistics within the transport industry and practical experience in the interpretation of schedules and dealing with the capabilities of transport line haul restrictions of operations. A thorough understanding of the Chain of Responsibility Regulations and its impact and restrictions on the operational requirements within Australia is highly desirable.
The Australia Post philosophy
For us, a diverse, inclusive and enjoyable culture is the foundation for great work. It’s why we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities and cultures, and promote a flexible way of working that enables a genuine work-life balance.
Plus, our unique scale and scope means there are outstanding opportunities for career growth and personal development, whatever your ambitions.
Ready to take the next step in your career?
Get started by registering your interest.
Advertised: 08 Jan 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Jan 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
We will email you new jobs that match this search.
Great, we can send you jobs like this, if this is your first time signing up, please check your inbox to confirm your subscription.
The email address was invalid, please check for errors.
You must agree to the privacy statement
Powered by PageUp